Allied Health professionals are increasing seen as having a vital role in “healthy conversations” with patients, clients and the public. People struggle to find the most up to date evidence for many health issues. Some people can't find the information they need. Others complain there’s too much conflicting and complicated information.
GCU physiotherapy Masters students worked in partnership with Glasgow Science Centre, ROAR Connections for Life and GCU People’s Services to design, develop and deliver a series of interactive health promotion activities aimed at informing and engaging the public on a variety of common health topics such as falls, healthy pregnancy, cognitive health and social isolation. The project culminated in an event at the Glasgow Science Centre for school children where the researchers and students created a 'bendy lab' to look at flexibility and the importance of stretching before sport or physical activity. During their interactions with school children at each of the stations on the carousel, students will share the most up to date health evidence in a fun, and accessible way helping people make informed healthy living choices.
Traditionally Physiotherapists have provided health education to individual people in a health care setting. GCU is using an innovative approach, working with community organisations to develop and deliver enjoyable and informative health promotion messages to a public audience. The initiative is build into the Masters Health Promotion Module and ultimately explores some ways of staying well, getting healthier and preventing common health issues.
- #advancedpractice @GCUPhysioSoc @NESnmahp @GCUParamedicBSc @GCUReach… https://t.co/9Jv94y0rxT Another great free CPD opportunity 👇
- #AHPs Please share @CAHPR_WoS @cahprnorth… https://t.co/SdtXaa1G7p Opportunities not to be missed. Should be something of interest for all
- @chrisseenan @uabaraogu1 and @DallPhilippa from #gcuphysio… https://t.co/EjfBPphjJb This is a really interesting and important project with
- https://t.co/ybl8Ik7RLI Great PhD opportunities here across a range of topics
- https://t.co/Z139PxoYF5 https://t.co/3h72JTgzUx Great opportunity for funded PhD 👇 Other topics available via the website too: